Re: Productivity Commission Final Report Progress in Rail Reform

mauried@tpg.com.au (Maurie Daly) wrote:

> Having read thru the reccommendations of this report , I can understand why
> the Feds have waited so long to release it.
> I doubt whether any of the recomendations will get up,simply because in most
> cases its not within the power of the Feds to do anything,and it will cost
> heaps of dough.
> The Feds have attached the funding to rail reform , ie no progress in reform
> then no federal funding.
> Part of the reform is a single national rail operator for the interstate track
> from Brisbane to Perth. (I can just see this getting up.!!).
> The report itself though is a good one and does seriously identify the
> problems that are facing rail today , mind you most of the problems are well
> known anyway.I suspect that this report will go the same way as the other 26
> rail reports that have been commissioned in the last 20 years have gone .

Yep, 2.45 megs of zipfile info we already knew. :)

You are right, a good report, but it will find a dusty
pigeon hole just like the rest.

Somehow, state rights & NSW come too mind.!

----Terry Burton
<< Remove net after @ for email reply. >>