Re: This joke maybe relevant

There are two things about this issue that a lot of people miss I think.
1) Most people would be surprised how many charming(and often elderly)
indigenous Australians
are subject to standover theft by some of their brethren.(rarely reported so
no police statistic to show this)
2) How many amongst the indigenous population actually see the problems
being raised here in regard to the ATM brigade as being one of the
significant challenges to reconcilliation.
Yes, there are problems but not every indigenous family are full of
roughheads, we have two families living
close by us and in five years have never had a hint of any trouble from them
or their guests. They have been
better neighbours than many other families I've known. Not that there aren't
problem families, just that a little
bit of slagging goes a long way that's all.

Jonathan Boles <mousewithglasses@NO.CANNED.HAM.hotmail.com> wrote in message
01bfa5fc$9002afa0$14df868b@tom-boles">news:01bfa5fc$9002afa0$14df868b@tom-boles...

> > > Please, given we are in the new millenium (the one that goes from
> > 14/4/2000
> > > until 13/4/3000) we need to be PC - they are indigenous people.
> >

> > When they pay the $1500 for the damage they did to my car, maybe then
they
> > will get called that.
>
> The fact is, they are pushing everyone else a little too far. When a few
years
> back some politician decided to say sorry, they wanted compo. Now they
want to
> disrupt the Games if Johnny doesn't say sorry; sounds like an immature
story
> out of pre-school. When madatory sentencing was passed, perfectly fair and
> applying to everybody, they claim it as racist. They should not recieve
the
> priveleges that the currently receive (benefits, etc. due to their
background)
> if they cannot keep themselves in line with and contributing to society,
ie.
> smashing cars, vandalising property etc.. Even if they are indigenous,
they do
> not have a mandate above everyone else in society to vandalise property.
Even