This joke maybe relevant

Hi all

I was forwarded this joke. Change the New York to Central or Flinders Street
or Vulture Street and you get the idea. I think it is quite true. I'm sick
of being asked 50 million times a day for a dollar, loose change or a smoke.

Two college students, Frank and Matt, are riding on a New York City subway
when a beggar approaches them asking for spare change. Frank adamantly
rejects the man in disgust. Matt, on the other hand, whips out his wallet,
pulls out a couples of singles and gladly hands them over to the beggar with
a smile.
The beggar thanks him kindly and then continues on to the other passengers.
Frank is outraged by his friend's act of generosity.
"What on earth did you do that for?" shouts Frank. "You know he's only going
to use it on drugs or booze."
Matt replies, "And we weren't?"

--
Eric