Re: Questions, Answers and Tips

Eric Cartman <erk_cartman@yahoo.com> wrote in message
38f40524@news.iprimus.com.au">news:38f40524@news.iprimus.com.au...
> Hi all
>
> I thought I'd ask a few relevant questions (and answer them for me) to
start
> a discussion about various things that affect us all in this group. It
might
> also enable people in the group to have more of an idea about various
> things/personailities which go on.
>
> Delete my answers and add your own. If something doesn't apply (or you
don't
> want to answer), wite something like n/a.
>
> Q) What is your ausrail name?
   A) John McCandless

> Q) What is your A/S/L? (age/sex/location)
   A) 30/m/ Cloncurry  Qld

> Q) Do you have ICQ and/or a website?
   A) ICQ 19123632
       Website http://www.geocities.com/SouthBeach/Port/3150/index.htm

> Q) What type of camera do you use for stills and/or video?
   A) Olympus OM-1 , I don't have a video camera

> Q) Do you prefer colour or black and white for stills?
   A) Colour (Kodacolor Gold 100 or 400).  If I ever get round to developing
my own photos one day, I would
        probably use use black & white then.  (At least to start with)

> Q) Do you suffer from ausrailitis (using words such as SillyRail,
> Terrorgraph etc), underwirephobia (the camera disappears in electric train
> areas) or Black Sky Equals No Camera Syndrome (BSENCS)
   A) ausrailitis - no
   A) underwirephobia - when in Brisbane ;-)
   A) BSENCS - no
  I have another syndrome, though- MTARWSLCTWM
  (Mark Thread As "Read" When Subject Line Contains The Word "Metcard")

> Q) Do you have a tip for good rail photography?
   A)  Similar to Eric - keep your camera loaded, and make sure you have
spare films where you can get them.
          (Especially if it's a long weekend, and all the shops are shut.)

> Q) How long have you been a rail photographer?
   A)  About 12 years.

> Q) Which territories/states' trains have you photographed in Australia?
   A) Qld, NSW, ACT

> Q) Have you photographed overseas trains?
   A) No, but hope to..

--
John McCandless
Never play leapfrog with a unicorn...