Re: Questions, Answers and Tips

"Eric Cartman" <erk_cartman@yahoo.com> wrote in message
38f40524@news.iprimus.com.au">news:38f40524@news.iprimus.com.au...
> Hi all
>
> I thought I'd ask a few relevant questions (and answer them for me) to
start
> a discussion about various things that affect us all in this group. It
might
> also enable people in the group to have more of an idea about various
> things/personailities which go on.
>
> Delete my answers and add your own. If something doesn't apply (or you
don't
> want to answer), wite something like n/a.
>
> Q) What is your ausrail name?
> A) Goldie, derived from Goldspink
>
> Q) What is your A/S/L? (age/sex/location)
> A) 57/M/Bracken Ridge-Brisbane
>
> Q) Do you have ICQ and/or a website?
> A) No
>
> Q) What type of camera do you use for stills and/or video?
> A) Pentax PC30, not as good as my old Spotmatic.  If buying a new SLR
ensure you get the brightest viewfinder.
No Video

> Q) Do you prefer colour or black and white for stills?
> A) Colour, scans well to B&W on computer if required.
>
> Q) Do you suffer from ausrailitis (using words such as SillyRail,
> Terrorgraph etc), underwirephobia (the camera disappears in electric train
> areas) or Black Sky Equals No Camera Syndrome (BSENCS)
> A) ausrailitis - occasionally
> A) underwirephobia - never
> A) BSENCS - no
>
> Q) Do you have a tip for good rail photography?
> A) 400 ASA film in a good SLR camera.  Modern 400 ASA as good as ASA 100
was ten or so years ago (Have just successfully hand held photographed a set
of loco drawings under flourescent lighting (no flash allowed in library)
with 400 and some 800 ASA colour film.)
        Plan ahead for shots whenever possible - always have camera handy
and armed for opportunity shots.
        Convential photo and scan rather than digital.  Opportunity for
enlargement from affordable digital cameras restricted - photo can be
significantly enlarged and scanned if digital enlargement not good enough.

> Q) How long have you been a rail photographer?
> A)  about 25 years this year
>
> Q) Which territories/states' trains have you photographed in Australia?
>
> All except NT, TAS
>
> Q) Have you photographed overseas trains?
> A) Not yet.

Goldie

goldicom@bigfoot.com

In beautiful Brisbane, OZ>