Bayside Mockup (part II)

Hi All,

Having an opportunity to sit in, survey, get my free coffee and photograph
the Bayside mockup I have the following to note:

* The high back seats are far more comfortable than the low back seats. The
  low back seats are much like what they use on modern buses, not even as
  good as that. The low back seats are flat at the base, whereas the high
  back seats are curved inwards at the base.

* The low back seats have a strip of aluminium dividing the seat. If you
  are a slightly larger build, it's cold to sit on compared with the rest
  of the seat.

* The 2x2 seating layout is better as far as I'm concerned. More standing
  room provides a higher crush capacity.

* Seats all facing the same direction are great. BUT (and a very big but,
  at that), why didn't anyone think of reversible seating like just about
  any Sydney train (bar the Tangara, C sets).

If you want to trial these seats out, you have until 7pm this evening. The
location is Melbourne Central platform 3 and 4 [The very platform that got
a mention in The Age "Back Page" of the today section, for having coke
machines that eat money]. If you participate in the survey (apart from
mentioning reversible seating, please!), you will earn yourself a free
coffee voucher that can be cashed in at any Coffee HQ (seen at a lot of
stations these days).

Regards

Michael

--
Michael Kurkowski. / Email: mailto:mk@netstra.com.au
Rail Enthusiast.  / Web: http://www.netstra.com.au/~mk

       ** Get paid to surf! Become an IT manager!! **