Re: Bayside Mockup (part II)

Pay a special visit to Melbourne Central today...lots of people (mostly
young people and uni student...surprisingly) went for the survey, after
the survey Bayside staff would give you a vochure for free coffee:-).

> Hi All,
>
> Having an opportunity to sit in, survey, get my free coffee and
photograph
> the Bayside mockup I have the following to note:
>
> * The high back seats are far more comfortable than the low back
seats. The
>   low back seats are much like what they use on modern buses, not
even as
>   good as that. The low back seats are flat at the base, whereas the
high
>   back seats are curved inwards at the base.
The seating were divided into 3 area ,

Part A with high back seating and facing 1 direction of travel only.

Part B also with high back seating but would make the whole carriage
with face to face seating rather then 1 direction.

Part C is lower back seating....c part seats are similar comfort to
current seats install on Hitach/comeng.

The high back seats are very comfortable, althrough not as good as
sprinter nor N class, it would be good enoguh for commuter trains. I
choose Part B because it gives the biggest legroom, comfort and easy
moving around.

> * The low back seats have a strip of aluminium dividing the seat. If
you
>   are a slightly larger build, it's cold to sit on compared with the
rest
>   of the seat.
>
> * The 2x2 seating layout is better as far as I'm concerned. More
standing
>   room provides a higher crush capacity.
>
> * Seats all facing the same direction are great. BUT (and a very big
but,
>   at that), why didn't anyone think of reversible seating like just
about
>   any Sydney train (bar the Tangara, C sets).
>
> If you want to trial these seats out, you have until 7pm this
>evening.
I was there just after 3pm lots of people line up to try already.

>The
> location is Melbourne Central platform 3 and 4 [The very platform
that got
> a mention in The Age "Back Page" of the today section, for having
coke
> machines that eat money]. If you participate in the survey (apart
from
> mentioning reversible seating, please!), you will earn yourself a
free
> coffee voucher that can be cashed in at any Coffee HQ (seen at a lot
of
> stations these days).
Would really want to know what the train looks like.

--
Cheers

James

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/