Re: Track Quality and ride

>  The sound on the Illawarra Local persisted for nearly a year after I last
> saw the grinders there at work.
>  They haven't installed head hardened rail on the IL have they ?. Maybe
> harder steel is keeping the grinding marks longer. Previous recoloections
> of grinding work, had the 'wine' go away after a month or so, yet it persisted
> much longer on the IL

Next time you are at the station, have a quick look at the side of the
rail near the manuf/date stamp. If there is a stainless steel "H"
attatched to the rail, or a similar marking included with the date
stamp, you would have your answer!

Ben

---
Ben Armstrong                                         /
<ben.armstrong@boral.com.au>  /  ___  |_||_||_||_|  _ _   |_|  ___
<ratso_101@hotmail.com>      //|| | |    Ratsara   | | |  | | | | |
                                 0-0                0-0        0-0