Re: Advantage of loop lines

In article <38f19115_1@news.bne.gil.com.au>,
  "John Kerr" <jkerr@gil.com.au> wrote:
> In Melbourne they seem to think the advantage of loop lines is that
you can
> run at train into Flinders Street, and then back out around the loop
thus
> neatly irritating a passenger wanting to go to Spencer Street. And
also they
> can reverse the direction around the loop during the day so that you
can't
> get used to a regular pattern. Maybe if they were as busy as Sydney
they
> would have to use lines more efficiently. John Kerr.
> (we have very few track in Brisbane so can't be too wasteful)
There is a loop line in Brizzy already ...Utility Exhibition loop, set
a few stops on the loop. Let trains like Robina train loop around from
Bowen Hill and get back to Gold Coast. Or extend the Corida shuttle all
the way to city(via south Brisbane or Indoorpilly) or let the Doomben
train ru  into the loop. That would take off traffic on Spring Hill area

--
Cheers

James

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/