Re: Another hint to scrap Metcard?

On Mon, 03 Apr 2000 10:27:51 GMT, "Dave Proctor"
<daproc@spambait.ozemail.com.au> wrote, and I selectively quote:

>Just on this, I have seen the light go on for my tickets, which are full
>fare. Should this happen?

David,

The barriers can be programmed to flash on any ticket... it's just that
concessional tickets are the group most frequently flagged for examination.

One of my clients works at a suburban station: one morning they had a
"blitz" on concessional tickets:  they booked over $3000 worth of
infringements in under an hour and had to let some people go unchallenged
as there were so many waiting to have their ticket confiscated and their
details recorded.

Talk back radio this morning featured a lass on day 2 of a weekly ticket
who didn't validate today (did yesterday) and had her ticket confiscated
and an infringement notice for $60 issued.  So they're getting stricter as
they attempt to "train" their customers into following their rules (which,
as we know, is what good marketing is all about... not "find out what the
customer wants and then exceed his/her expectations" but "we know what's
best for the customer and by hell we'll ram it down their throats one way
or another").

Regards

Yuri
--
==================================
Yuri J Sos

Reply to: steam5me@dingoblue.net.au
(replace 5 with 4)

Web site is located at
http://www.railpage.org.au/steam4me
"1998 - The Victorian Year in Steam"
--  Now available - check website for dealers
 at http://www.railpage.org.au/smedia ---