From: DEREK ROGERS <DekRogers@bigpond.com>
Date: Thursday, March 02, 2000 5:51 PM
Subject: Re: CLP/CLF

Aus loco discussion mailing list

Ross
A full rundown on the CLP/CLF class locos was provided in the June 1994 edition of Railway Digest (pages 16-23).

In brief there are many similar features but some significant differences like fuel tank capacity (11360 L - CLP, 10230 L - CLF), gear ratio (59:18 - CLP, 60:17 - CLF) together with the fitment of hydraulic yaw dampers and twin Cummins-Onan diesel alternator sets to the CLPs (to supply head-end power).

Regards
Derek