4703 (was re:X45)

Aus loco discussion mailing list

In regards to 4703.  yes It is expected in Sydney soon, but only to replace
4701 which should go home to Cowra for some minor repairs. This is believed to
be a permanent swap so LVRF can fly their corporate colour scheme. 4702 is
also due for a repaint, and was sanded back as of last weekend, so I think you
will find two green 47s in Sydney in the near future. There are rumours
floating around about a Great Northern GM class heading north to Sydney for
LVRF use to replace the X on Sydney workings. But I don't know if they need it
with the current traffic levels, as they have three big units (4486, EL58 &
EL62), with two 47s, and 4717 awaiting work to be done on it.
The Sandgate train has seen a variety of motive power over the last few days.
On Monday it had two green ELs and X38, Tuesday two ELs and 4486, Wednesday
one EL and 4486, and Yesterday a 47 and an EL.

I hope this helps

Stuart Ellis