Re: QR going national?

tony bailey <mercuryworldtvl@one.net.au> wrote in message
37f3df7d.0@pink.one.net.au">news:37f3df7d.0@pink.one.net.au...
> Service and comfort on the " Queenslander" is far superior to either the
> "Indian" or "Ghan." I have made the comparison within the last year.

Dunno about comfort - I found the beds on the roomettes on the
"Queenslander" to be a bit narrow (due no doubt to the slightly wider SG
carriages used on the IP) - as for service, it depends on the crew you get -
I have had excellent service from one crew, passable service from four
others (nothing to complain about, but nothing to rave about either) and
absolutely dreadful service from the sixth. The levels of service come down
to a lot of things - how well the crew slept the night before, what sort of
mood they are in, personalities (some of them may not get on).

DaveP