Re: signals in sydney

> > The dwarf signal that you refer to have one yellow light over
> > 2 red lights. The bottom lights should both be lit when displaying
> > the stop aspect and only the yellow light lit when the signal
> > is displaying the proceed aspect.
>
> Except for the "historic relics" of the original lunar-white system
> which DaveP accurately described.
>
> > These signal when used on main
> > lines are usually only used as point indicators and work in
> > conjunction with a home signal.
>
> Huh? On main lines they are usually used for shunt moves not directly
> covered by home signals, as in the examples at Gordon which the original
> poster in this thread was referring to.
>
> > The main line signals with small subsidiary lights under the main
> > running lights can be as previously mentioned any one of a number
> > of things. Calling on, Low speed, Close up or even Turn out.
>
> How can they be turnout indications? Not true, unless you are referring
> to the bands of lights providing turnout indications on single-light
> colour-light signals (but again, the original poster explicitly was
> talking about double-light signals).
>
> Eddie Oliver
Yes Eddie I'm sorry I forgot to mention that they are used on Main Lines
when Indicating Shunt such as for changing ends on Platforms
etc.
Also have a look at Strathfield Up Main Accept at Auburn. On it you
will see a small Subsidiary light under the Main Running Signal.
This light when lit takes you across to the Lidcombe Triangle.
Also I forgot to say that when used on Main lines as Point
Indicators they have a Green Light for the Proceed Indication.
Such as the Dwarf Signals used at Spring Hill.

--

Pope

Alias	John MacCallum

remove MY from MYlisp to get the real email address.