Re: Dodo diesel locomotives in Oz

Various ravers posted ...
>> How can a P be a 4-6-0 when it has only 8 wheels anyway?
>>Isn't the 4-6-0 designation applcable only to steam locos? If it WAS this
>>format, would it not be a 2-Co? [2 leading (unpowered) axles and 3 powered
>>axles - although how do you have leading axles on a bi-directional loco?]

FIRST, a NSWGR P.6 class would be a 2-C as the driving wheels are coupled.
SECOND, more importantly, it looks like the "house rules" for aus.rail will
now have to include identifying the system and in some cases the century to
which a locomotive class relates ... e.g. P(Vic Diesel), P.6 (NSW Steam),
P.127(NSW Steam).  I should correct my previous posting to "XP(NSW)" to
avoid confusion with X(Vic Steam), X(Vic Diesel, X(Tas Diesel), X(WA
Diesel), X(NSWGT Sprinkler Steam Trailer), X(MMTB Birney) etc. etc.
TIA

Bill
BTW, isn't it fun that we have one thread on DoDo and another on DOO trains!