Re: How can we make trains run later?

David Johnson <trainman@ozemail.com.au> wrote:

> The marker lights were understood by everyone

Well, I knew what the North Shore combination was because that was the
line I travelled on frequently but I didn't have any idea what the
other combinations meant and always had to go a look them up in First
Stop Central whenever I had a need to decode them in a photograph.

I clearly remember that many of the people I worked with during the
period when positional lights were still in use had never even twigged
to the fact that the position of the lights on the front indicated
anything at all!

Cheers,

Bill