Re: DOO In Sydney?

David,

I accept your reservations regarding safety and safeworking, but the
Melbourne experience doesn't show that.

However I believe you are right about the guard doing other duties, this has
happened in Melbourne, some became Drivers and some became CSE's (Customer
Service Employees), the rest went, the CSE's ride the trains, but not every
train. If a CSE is not around (as is mostly the case) the train still runs.

You seem to accept that you need to encompass other duties to survive, this
is (in my opinion the way to go), the Melbourne guards wouldn't accept
change, as a result they went.

Regards,

Bob.
Bob.