Re: DOO In Sydney?

gonoNOCRAP@bigpond.com wrote:

> To David (johnson) as i said previously a doubt suburban guards will
> have a job the day after the 2000 Olympics finish they will probably
> still be on the interurbans !!

Suburban Guards will be around for a long time.  They may not operate the doors
anymore, but they will be on the train (somewhere).  The plan is to start
implementing these changes around 2003.  I am strongly opposed to it, as I
believe the system will become less safe.  The new Guards schools coming through
have "Reduced Safeworking Content", meaning the safety of the system is going
down hill fast.

--
David Johnson
trainman@ozemail.com.au