Metcard Xpress and Plastic Tickets (was: Metcard Machines and Tickets)

: The large machines on the stations (TVM2) have two ticket slots,
: the design is for the left ticket slot to dispense the current
: paper metcards for all Short Trip (rail+2), 2-hour, daily, off
: peak and 60+.  The slot of the right was to dispense plastic
: coated Metcards (like Sydney) for all Weekly, Monthly and
: 10X2-hour.  The decision was made by the Government that all
: metcards had to be biodegradable, so the second slot on the large
: machines was changed to become a back-up ticket dispenser.

There is another problem with the paper tickets, they (after a few
validations) leave paper fibers in the validators, this causes quite
a few problems for the validators.  It is weeklies and Monthlies
that cause the biggest problem because they are validated day after
day.

Why won't the government let Onelink use plastic coated tickets?
Do they have problems in Sydney of Plastic Coated tickets being left
as litter?

We can all forget about Metcard Xpress.

Time to start writing the government letters.  "We want plastic
coated tickets, We want Metcard Xpress" other wise we will stay the
way we are now,

--

Chris Gordon
http://www.ecr.mu.oz.au/~cmgord