Re: Questions re railway network frequencies...

In July I rode on the Sunshine Express steam trip from Brisbane to
Cairns and found that a scanner with a search mode is essential as the
frequencies change about every 20km. They are all in the 418 to 420 MHz
range and change in steps of 0.125 MHz.
Once sorted out the scanners work quite well on the QR system.

Graham Fry