Re: Heidelberg, Eaglemont & Rosanna.

Hi,
There seems to be a lot of activity around these stations with regard to signalling.

Are they trying to increase the efficiency of tracking the trains in & out of
Heidelberg or are they just replacing outdated equipment??

With regard to Road No.3,  what will its removal prove? or what is the purpose of
the removal.  Like Craig said there was track machinery there just recently.

With regard to emergency turn-around of sets; I cannot see, in the near future the
removal of the points between Rosanna & Heidelberg.

The system isn't that responsive.  I remember recently of a train breaking down in
the West Richmond Tunnel just before 5pm.
I caught a bus from FSS to Clifton Hill and then sardined myself into 3 car set at
8:00pm.  Now you think that someone could authorise the running of an extra set from
Epping or Macleod.  The ground staff that night were extremely helpful, but what
they really needed was a driver and the ability to run a wildcard untimetabled train
because there was the demand for it.

--
Cameron