Re: Metrol & Heidelberg

Notagunzel wrote:

> SW 1235/99 advises:
>
> On Thu 23/9/99 between 0800 & 1600 at Heidelburg the following will be
> abolished: No. 3 Rd, No. 11 pts & Derail, No. 21 pts & Derail, Down Dwarf 13 &
> Up Dwarf 19.
>
> Dunno if it happened, & I believe the pts would have been spiked.

Cutting off their noses again... won't be long before the only set of points a
train comes to is at FSS, SST or the terminus station they arrive at.. (remove all
the "short terminating points, we don't need them..)

When does it go over to Metrol? or are they putting a SCP in there..

It would make sense for them to put a local Control Panel in that covered
Heidelberg, Rosanna Junction, Macleod, Eltham, Diamond Creek and Hurstbridge.

These signalling areas are due to be upgraded / abolished in the future.. Why not
control it all from one point.

(As a signalling enthusiast, I can't believe I just said that...)

> SW 1234/99 advises:
>
> From last train Sat 25/9/99 (actually early Sun morning) till 0100 Monday
> 27/9/99 control of Metrol Computers A, B & C will be temporarily transferred to
> Level 5 Transport House.  In addition, the Train Controllers will temporarily
> transfer to Level 5, SEPAC phones being connected, but Signal Post phones still
> connected to Batman Ave.

Glad the Train controllers are going as an addidtion.. would make it hard to do
their job.. :P

--
Thanks,

Tony Gatt.