Re: Melb 4D fails for last time

It was a Labor govt who ordered it - now that the pendulum is swinging back,
we might here more about it.

IIRC a different thread someone said that Bayside wanted to piggyback its
order onto some other train order around (presumably 4GT) - they presumably
meant a DD train.

The Ringwood line definitely needs DD trains, if only the express (Box Hill
to city) trains were run by DD trains the dwell time issue isn't so
important. I think the Labor govt wanted 19 8-car trains - should have been
enough for the peaks on the Ringwood line with SD support for the all
stations and contrapeak directions.

In 1992 the idea of dedicated trainsets for one line was a bit foreign. Now
with the system split it isn't so far fetched.
37EC8856.758502C7@tig.com.au">news:37EC8856.758502C7@tig.com.au...