Re: Rod Speed

Christopher_Martin GORDON <cmgord@ecr.mu.oz.au> wrote in message
7sg5du$q27$1@mulga.cs.mu.OZ.AU">news:7sg5du$q27$1@mulga.cs.mu.OZ.AU...
: : : How many times do I have to say it.
: : : The current fine for breaking regulation 206 (not validating ticket)
is
: : : nothing, 0, nill.
: : :
: : : Go look it up on the Victorian Government home page if you want
: : : http://www.vic.gov.au follow the links to the Laws and Acts.
:
: : I did.  I even posted it in this group a couple of days ago.  It says
quite
: : clearly that the penalty is five penalty units.
:
: Did you look at Transport (Infringements) Regulations 1999?
: Where was reg 206? There is 201,202,203,204,205,207,208.. but no 206
: in the list of $100 fines.

Did you look in the Transport (Passenger Vehicles) Regulations 1994

Version No. 021

Transport (Passenger Vehicles) Regulations 1994

S.R. No. 93/1994

Version incorporating amendments as at 25 May 1999

TABLE OF PROVISIONS
Regulation Page
__________________
ÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍ

Version No. 021

Transport (Passenger Vehicles) Regulations 1994

S.R. No. 93/1994

Version incorporating amendments as at 25 May 1999

[...]

(3) If a passenger boards a public commercial passenger vehicle or a public
passenger vehicle operated for the purpose of a regular passenger service he
or she must--
(a) pay the fare for the journey intended to be taken; or
(b) show the driver a pre-paid valid ticket or other authority to take the
journey; or
(c) where the person is using a ticket which requires machine validation,
validate that ticket at a ticket validating machine.
Penalty: 5 penalty units.

--

e pluribus unum