Re: South Australia

>6 GM's must sound pretty loud.  The peace-shattering roaring noise from a
>GM-CLF combo was pretty impressive last time I was there.
>
>Thanks to everyone who replied *sensibly* to this post, I am considering a
>quick trip (from Melb) in a few weeks.
>
>However, it is very unfortunate and sad that this ng is always subject to
>useless ramblings, perhaps it should be renamed aus.rail.junk, this ng
>used to be a very good resource once upon a time.  :-(

Which ramblings? Different people come here for different things. To some
sightings should be kept to either the ausloco or sightings mailing lists
where they are immediate, they are just 'junk' three days after the event
when it turns up on your news server, if at all. Presumably in your case,
the stuff on politics or unionism is just junk, whereas I find it quite
interesting.

Perhaps we should start up an aus.rail.hardware and an aus.rail.software for
the sightings / circulars / unusual running and issues / politics / botched
up ticketing systems to cater for everybody. Or perhaps an easier solution
is an explanation on how to use filters or killfiles for the major
newsreaders so people who don't want any posts containing the word 'Metcard'
can filter out 90% of 'junk'...8^)

I suspect the former solution wouldn't work as 80% of posts would migrate
from hardware to software within a day as people want to discuss the
implications of what has happened or what used to happen and why the
government has no will to make it happen now. Or 80% of hardware
contributors would tell the others to move their posts to software as they
are inappropriate.