Re: [Melb] $3.30 tickets almost useless

>: Would be interesting if that was the case. What's to stop Bayside or
>: Hillside reintroducing paper tickets at manned stations so they don't
have
>: to pay OneLink?
>
>Yes Hillside, Bayside, Swanston and Yarra can all have their own tickets.
>But they still have to the existing multi-modial ticketing system.

Do they have to pay OneLink for ALL multi-modal tickets or just those sold
from station machines? ie Whats to stop Hillside printing off a whole lot of
paper tickets and selling these instead of the Metcards and keeping the
money for themselves? After all, $7.20 per passenger sure beats $1.50 (x2)
or whatever it is.

>: Do NBC still have to pay OneLink even though they don't use the Metcard
>: system? And why is it taking so long to put validators on NBC services?
Is
>: there something going on here that other operators could use to their
>: advantage?
>
>NBC do a little cheating.  A validator will count trips say 20 on a bus
>but the drivers doing this manually put through about 30 passengers.
>
>In other words National put through the ticket machine that there are
>30 people on the bus, when there are only 20.

I am well aware of that, it's fun to watch how many extra they put in at
each stop. But if they don't join Metcard, whats to stop others pulling out
and doing it manually too? It would probably be cheaper for them as well as
not needing to have buses (or trams) out of service whilst the validators
are fixed (which is often going by my two contacts who fix them).