Re: Longest platform?

Roderick Smith <rodsmith@werple.net.au> wrote in message
01bf049f$b94cea00$232d11cb@rodsmith">news:01bf049f$b94cea00$232d11cb@rodsmith...
> Neil Gerace, posting anonymously [a most unfortunate trend in newsgroups,
> and deterring potential repliers],

I'm pretty sure I wrote 'cheers Neil' at the end, thereby not posting
anonymously. My surname is of no consequence, although I'm not ashamed of
it, since I'm not famous. One can deduce it from my email address anyway.

>>What's the longest one train platform in Australia? Kalgoorlie?

It was a pretty poor attempt by me, don't you think, since I didn't say
'except in Melbourne'. Plus I meant platforms capable of admitting one train
only. Couple of other people have said Flinders St 1 doesn't qualify.

cheers
Neil GERACE
happy?