Re: 42220

<<<<< 81s had troubles in the long tunnel on the Ulan line, as the system
relied
> on a reading of true speed from looking at the ballast: no light, and no
> ballast.>>>>

This is incorrect. The radar employed, like all radar, does not need light.

Its worked for me over bridges that had no ballast and on concrete track
panels.

Problems occur in winter when snow and slush can accumulate on the radar panel
buts thats the only problem I've had with Super Series that I know of.

Mark.

Visit my train pic website at:
http://home.earthlink.net/~markbau/