Re: Upfield to Somerton

Steven Hurst wrote:

> There would be no point, as the line is only single, not doble like the BMS
> line, and also it would cause huge traffic problems, as there are so many
> level crossings on the Upfield line.

Garbage. If a diversion was required it would not be a problem as the single
line between Upfield and Gowrie now has times when there are no trains on it,
i.e. they are crossing near Merlynston like always and you might be able to
slip a goods through but no that it is a private company we would probably not
permit that now anyway.

The level crossings would not be a problem as long as the train kept moving.

David Langley.