Re: Privatisation (was:Re: Late running trains go Express (Hillside))

Dave McL <davemcl@AXE*THISiprolink.co.nz> wrote in message
37df20a8@news.iprolink.co.nz">news:37df20a8@news.iprolink.co.nz...
> Christopher_Martin GORDON wrote:
>
> > Bob wrote:
>
> > : Likewise if an operator meets the timetable requirements, it can
receive a
> > : bonus for on time performance, this has already happened in the case
of
> > : Hillside.
> >
> > A bonus?  Bastards.
>
> But surely there are few better ways to get the trains to run on time
> than to penalise them for lateness and reward them for on-time running?
> That gives the company a powerful incentive to run to timetable.
>
> I just hope the drivers share in the bonus.
>
> David McLoughlin
> Auckland New Zealand

David,

Some weeks ago you said something along the lines, "Here in new Zealand we
don't even know the name of the Victorian Opposition leader"

Well its "Steve Bracks", but to update you it may soon be Jeffrey Kennett.

Bob.