> >From: "Exnarc" <gwrly@netspace.net.au>
> >Subject: Re: Driver Qualifications.
> >Date: Thu, 16 Sep 1999 15:29:49 +1000
>

> >Eddie Oliver <eoliver@efs.mq.edu.au> wrote in message
> >37E04022.2578145E@efs.mq.edu.au">news:37E04022.2578145E@efs.mq.edu.au...

> >other
> >that
> >>
> >> Yes, but there are retired people who are still qualified, and there
are
> >> various other non-freight operators (e.g. 3801 Limited in NSW) who have
> >> qualified personnel, and who are not likely to be perceiving the new
> >> operator as a competitor.
> >>
> >> Eddie Oliver
>
> >The fundimental flaw in this theory of using retired employees is that
ARTC
> >and VicTrack  rules require operating personal to have operated over the
> >applicable Safeworking System in the previous 6 months.
>
> >Ie: If you have not operated Electric Staff for 6 months you are
considered
> >to no longer be qualified in it. You may well still be qualified in the
road
> >but your Safeworking accreditation will be expired, requiring full
> >retraining by the appropriate authority.
>
> >Bob.
>

> I think the idea of the previous post was recently retired employees.
>
> Dave Malcolm

I would have thought that 6 months would be considered a recent retirement,
however that would be to long by the rules.

I was qualified in CTC and ASW I worked on it last at the begining of this
year, but now 8 months later I am not considered qualified by the rail
authority.

I would need to requalify to run a train over CTC even though I am still
qualified in the equipment and the road.

Bob.