Re: Privatisation (was:Re: Late running trains go Express (Hillside))

I cannot understand why Hurstbridge line trains are so important that they
have the highest fines. I doubt it's political, the Epping line goes mainly
through safe Labour seats, yet it too has worse fines than the
Belgrave/Lilydale trains. The only thing I can think of maybe is that it is
more difficult to have trains to/from Hurstbridge on time due to the many
single lines (eg Westgarth where I have sat on a train many a time waiting
for one to come the other way, Rosanna - Heidelberg, Greensborough to
Eltham, Eltham to Hurstbridge) therefore the company needs more incentive to
ensure on time running (it has been said that if a driver sets back at
Eltham and runs over somebody who has fallen off the platform, the driver
would be disciplined for running late!) or else the government increases its
chances to keep its money...
Epping line is not much better with most weekday trains crossing at Lalor
and single line from Keon Park to Epping.

Any other brilliant ideas (although as a Hurstbridge line passenger, I'm not
complaining, we've had a pretty ordinary train service for a while)?