Re: Driver Qualifications.

Eddie Oliver wrote:

> Railway Rasputin wrote
>
> > Some washed up driver from 3801 LTD, or the RTM, won't pass on all the
> > neccesary knowledge from all interlockings on all roads.
>
> That is an insult to the professionalism of the 3801 etc. drivers, who
> have to be qualified on all the roads they run on just as much as the
> drivers from any other organisation.
>
> Obviously you can normally only get qualified by people who are
> themselves currently qualified for the roads in question.
>
> Eddie Oliver

Its is not an insult it is fact.
Just say for example that I drive my train to Cronulla, my depot is
Central. At Central depot (for this exercise) we don't normally stable
in the sidings but we are still quallified for the yard even though we
haven't been in for, say, a year. Do you think I am going to remember
100% of the shit I'm supposed to know, ie the signal number that the
half pilot staff is on? I don't think so.

rgds