Re: Reopened stations

Exnarc wrote:

> > Alamein????
>
> Wasn't Alamein named after the battle of El Alamein where Romell was turned
> back???
>
> If so how could it have closed and re-opened???
>
> The line wasn't extended beyond Ashburton until after WW11, the original
> Outer Circle Line didn't have a station anywhere along there, Ashburton was
> originally called Norwood I think and was a crossing loop, the next station
> was Waverley, (later called Waverley Road), the next Oakleigh.
>
> Just as apoint of interest the pub at Oakleigh (since yuppised) is called
> the 'Oakleigh Junction Hotel' a reminder of Oakleigh's Outer Circle
> connection.
>
> Bob.

Sorry for the confusion Bob.  What I was really trying to say in
highlighting Alamein, was that the extension from Ashburton to the new
terminal at Alamein happened in 1948 and to my knowledge was never
closed at any time after that.  I was really questionning the original
poster as to why he had included it in his group of re-opened stations.

Mark Cauchi