Re: Driver Qualifications.

In article <37E04A05.24F31A43@efs.mq.edu.au> Eddie Oliver <eoliver@efs.mq.edu.au> writes:
>From: Eddie Oliver <eoliver@efs.mq.edu.au>
>Subject: Re: Driver Qualifications.
>Date: Thu, 16 Sep 1999 11:38:13 +1000

>Railway Rasputin wrote

>> Some washed up driver from 3801 LTD, or the RTM, won't pass on all the
>> neccesary knowledge from all interlockings on all roads.

>That is an insult to the professionalism of the 3801 etc. drivers, who
>have to be qualified on all the roads they run on just as much as the
>drivers from any other organisation.

>Obviously you can normally only get qualified by people who are
>themselves currently qualified for the roads in question.

>Eddie Oliver

I guess the thrust of my original question has been lost.
What I  was trying to find out is how is the whole process started.
eg lets assume that the Alice Springs to Darwin Railway is built.
Obviously before the first train runs over the line , there is a need for
someone to know the road , yet there is no one qualified to teach you as
no one has yet driven a train over the new line.
How does the first driver get qualified?
The same scenerio could occur if a long closed line was re opened, eg
say Coota to Tumut and there are no Freightcorp drivers still employed who
know the road , how do we get going.?

There must be a process to allow drivers to drive over a road they dont know
without instruction otherwise no new lines could ever be built.

cheers
MD