Re: Pimba, Woomera & Roxby Downs

"Bill McNiven" <wmcniven@gunzel.ozemail.com.au> wrote:

> OK.  "Century Plus of Locomotives" (AHRS NSW, 1965) states that they were
> imported from the General Electric Company, Erie, USA by the Department of
> Munitions for use at the St. Mary's factory Dunheved.
>
> BUT I seem to recall that the numbering 7920-7923 was something to do with
> the US military.
>
> Certainly, there is an identical unit numbered 7926 at the Connecticut
> Trolley Museum outside Hartford CN.

Fair enough.  When you think about it now, anything
Lend-Lease would have had the US Military fingers all
over it.  I was just curious after David mentioned two
of them as being used by the US Army, I had not heard
that before.  I am not saying that it is not true.!

----Terry Burton
[clear OZ in address for email reply]