Re: Longest platform?

The September 1999 edition of Rail 2000's Rail Directions newsletter
quotes Stephen Bradford, CEO of GSR as saying that work is currently
being undertaken at Kalgoorlie to allow IP's of up to 760 metres
(approx. 30 cars long) to stand clear of passing freights, and later
states that the IP is expected to eventually reach 1000 metres long.

Rail 2000's web site is at http://www.users.on.net/rail2000/

Arthur.