Re: Cab unit status?

"< Tell >" wrote:

> Jackson Harding <jaxsonjo@camtech.net.au> wrote:
> >
> > The GM class are being used by ASR.  I've seen several go past in recent weeks,
> > usually working ASR trains in company with assorted CLP's and CLF's.  To date
> > I've sighted GM 1, GM 43, GM 45 & GM 46.  The latter three were in their old AN
> > green and yellow livery.  GM 1 was still in her original silver and maroon
> > stripes with Commonwealth Railways on the side.  I suspect all of them will
> > eventually find their way into ASR livery.
>
> Interesting about GM1, that was on display at Port
> Augusta, was refurbished and paid for, as I understand
> by the Federal Transport Department.
>
> Do ASR own GM1 now.?
>
> ----Terry Burton
> [clear OZ in address for email reply]

I have no idea who owns GM 1 currently.  But it sure looks great in the silver and
maroon and the loco is very obvious in a three or four loco consist in that livery.
Who ever owns it, it is now in revenue service on the ASR grain trains that go past
here regularly, and probably others.  I hear them all, but I only see a few, I'm not
such a gunzel that I run outside, and up the bank to the line every time I hear a
passing train to have a peek :-)

Jackson