Re: truck mass increase (VIC)>>warning Political!

 we'll see prices of consumer goods drop through the
> floor as transport becomes more efficient and these reductions get passed
> onto us.  This effect should be increased with the cut in diesel excise.
>
> Andrei
You are pissing into the wind, my boy, but then again I guess you admitted
that.
What it will do is further reduce the loadings on rail, and put up Council
Rates and Taxes to repair the roads.
Of Course with the Timor Crisis, we need a $2 billion injection into the
Economy, so GST will rise to 12%, almost immediately, and I guess a further
1% for roads would be in order, after all We voted for a new Tax if I
remember rightly!
Screams of denial!!
Well, figure this out.......A small Country Town in NE Victoria with a
population of 66 persons of voting age. The Saw Mill and the Abattoir are
both closed!
According to Statistics, 58 people are unemployed, and at the last Election
(Federal)
4 People Voted ALP, 6 voted Informal, 51 Voted Lib/nationals, and the rest
failed to vote at all.
These figures are repeated all over Australia.Those 6 ALP votes all went to
Liberal/National Party under Preferential Voting. Working Class people are
their own worst enemy.
Does not matter who you voted for, if the wrong Party got in, you did not do
enough to ensure the right Party got in, So David Langley,if your sitting
member is a National or a Liberal, on the preferential System, you actually
voted Liberal!..I'm sorry, but that is fact.
Rod