Re: AN sleepers in Suburban Melbourne

: At work today (Thomastown Station), I looked down into the pit for some
: reason (can't remember why) an I noticed that the (concrete) sleepers
: had the AN logo on them and at the end of each sleeper a 2 or 3 digit
: number.

: Why would The Met/Hillside be using AN sleepers?
: What are the numbers?

I have seen them at places like Box Hill, and between Ringwood and Croydon
& Ringwood and Bayswater.  All these tracks were added/changed in the early
1980's.  I also noticed some at Heatherdale Rd level crossing, as well as
being An sleepers they are also dual gauge (that is they have the extra
space for a rail clip thingy for standard gauge.)

--

Chris Gordon
http://www.ecr.mu.oz.au/~cmgord