Re: Ringwood Failure and SRV trip

: > It is interesting to note that the points at the up end are dual control
: with
: > the Motor/Hand and Reverse/Normal levers on the outside, like on the
: standard
: > gauge (N.E.) and Werribee, etc..

: Noticed that, but the points at the down end need a hand crank to operate.
: Must be some sort of peverse logic, but I can't see it. :o(

The point motors were orignally the other style at the up end,
but were changed in stage 2 or 3 to the current ones with the selection
levers on the outside.  The padlocks at the up end are 5P and the down
end are 7P.

For people that don't know 5P are locks than every man and his dog
have keys for (ie signallers, drivers etc) 7P locks are ones that only
fitters have keys to.  So if the points failed at the down end you would
need a fitter to wind them for you.  If the points failed at the
down end then you would realy want people that know what they are doing
or trains will go everywhere. (like down trains onto the up line etc)

For all the track layouts and signalling visit my Ringwood page:
http://cmgord.alphalink.com.au/trains/ringwood/

With regard to running the loco around the train via Mitcham the signallers
don't see that a problem, it makes good photos of a light loco up the
Mitcham bank.  There are very few places in Melbourne you can run around a
train.  I can think of Lilydale, Camberwell, Burnley, Heidelberg, Eltham
Clifton Hill, Caufield, Oakleigh, Dandenong, Upper Ferntree gully,
Sunshine, Newport, Frankston.

--

Chris Gordon
http://www.ecr.mu.oz.au/~cmgord