Re: ELs

In article <37DC6D4C.5B10E509@nmit.vic.edu.au>,
david  <david@nmit.vic.edu.au> wrote:

>R N O wrote:
>
>> >Owned by a US mob called Chicago Car Leasing.

 I saw EL60 leading another EL (or AN) waiting in a loop somewhere
between Zanthus and Cook. (I didn't note the siding same) last week
when I crossed the plain on the IP.
 They were on the point of some sort of work train. Mostly balast wagons
but a few flats also, with a front end loader and a number of small track
machines. (Sleeper exchangers and a baby balast regulator I think).

 The IP was running 90 minutes late, we hardly slowed. I expect they
only slowed down enough to verify the points indicator... :-)

 BTW, as we were late, it was dark by Zanthus, but a friend who traveled
Cattle class a few days later spotted the wrecked bagage car sitting on
its side near the tracks.

 The IP set that was involved in the accident has quite a number of Ghan
cars in the formation and apparently the sitting cars are running with damaged
external paneling.

 With the wild-flower 'high' season now in force and double length IP sets
being the order of the day, GSR will really need those damaged IP cars back
in service ASAP.