Re: ELs

In article <7rdovr$qtg$1@news1.mpx.com.au> "Rod" <comtran@mpx.com.au> writes:
>From: "Rod" <comtran@mpx.com.au>
>Subject: Re: ELs
>Date: Sun, 12 Sep 1999 00:31:41 +1000

>David Johnson <trainman@ozemail.com.au> wrote in message
>37D9E05E.4805A2AC@ozemail.com.au">news:37D9E05E.4805A2AC@ozemail.com.au...
>> "EL63 & EL57 on 7376 grain @ Crystal Brook! The SA Gunzels"
>>
>OK...OK  eh sorry...ok...ok
>I give in, and I ask again who owns them?
>the train was a .....I am really confused now........
>Rod

Owned by a US mob called Chicago Car Leasing.
Rumoured to be purchased for around $600K each,which is a very good price if
true.
Basically available for lease to whoever wants them.
Also rumoured that they (the ELs) were to be re-geared for lower speeds this
making them more suitable for freight work.
If the narrow guage motors are removed and replaced with the big GE-752A
motors then they would become a really useful loco, a GE equivalent of the SRA
82 class.

MD