Re: Labor's Transport Policy (Vic)

: > No they mean Blackburn to Mitcham, going through Laburnam and Heatherdale
: > with 3 tracks would require thinking and money. (it can be done)

: I was thinking Blackburn to Mitcham because of the Mitcham electorate, but
: imagine the bank up at Laburnum and Heatherdale. I guess it all comes down
: to thinking logically (remembering that we are in an election campaign)

It would require a little more work for the cutting at Heatherdale and the
bridge at Laburnum.

: > A third line between Blackburn and Mitcham would only cost about $30
: million.
: > they should spend a little extra and third track all the way from Box Hill
: > to Ringwood and get rid of the 6 level crossings at the same time.
: > (I better stop dreaming now, it won't happen)

: They (labor) have given a 9.5mill cost... I don't see how anything can be
: built for 9mil, maybe just the track with no platforms? :) The knox tram
: extension will cost $19mil according to them

Well you already have three platforms at Blackburn, another platform at
Mitcham would be easy, and what do you need one at Nunawading for?  after
all the trains are ment to be express trains. (ie overtaking the stopping
trains)
: > So say $70 Million for all these works or $255 million for the freeway
: > to Ringwood (which is only about 3km).

: +$35 mil for the extra long tunnel (supposedly trippled in length now,
: according to Herald Sun)

We dont realy know how much extra it will cost, the libs will not release
the report until after the election, or their choice.  I say they went for
the short tunnle, and don't want to tell the people when there is an election
in a week. (They (libs) want Mitcham back)

--

Chris Gordon
http://www.ecr.mu.oz.au/~cmgord