Re: V/Line Pass- Railways now forgotten in Government Policy?

>Kennett is far too much of a smug git for my liking, but you have to face
>it - the improvements to off-peak services over the last 5 years is way
more
>than Labor ever did as far as service improvements during their time in
>office. Mind you, you could argue that the loss of conductors and guards,
>privatisation and ticket machines outweighs that.

Yes, the improvements to off peak services have been impressive. Even the
ones before the most recent ones were an improvement on the labour years.
However, the reduction in peak services introduced in the summer after Jeff
was re-elected still exists. The summer timetable was introduced as was the
norm, except it was unusual in that there were hand out broadsheet
timetables this time, an apparent improvement over previous years where the
only evidence of a summer timetable was the yellow timetables in the poster
frames. The timetables had some trains marked with an 'A' as those which
were to run from the 11th January on as well as the others. Since then there
have been some revisions to peak hour services but the number of trains run
is similar to that timetable from 11th Jan of whichever year it was. We
still haven't returned to the number of peak hour trains from under the
previous Labour government, nor the number of peak hour express trains on at
least the Hurstbridge line.

Mind you, I'm not dead against ticket machines and privatisation, just the
haphazard near enough is good enough way it was done...