Re: V/Line Pass- Railways now forgotten in Government Policy?

Michael Walker <walker@hotkey.net.au> wrote in message
936707031.574186@diddley.primus.com.au">news:936707031.574186@diddley.primus.com.au...
> Agreed. Although the profit motive may help improve services, it's about
the
> only thing that may. The government couldn't care less, no votes in
trains,
> trams and busses.

I think the govt are probably hoping that we remember that they just got
around to doubling most suburban Sunday services (a promise from the
previous election in fact).

Kennett is far too much of a smug git for my liking, but you have to face
it - the improvements to off-peak services over the last 5 years is way more
than Labor ever did as far as service improvements during their time in
office. Mind you, you could argue that the loss of conductors and guards,
privatisation and ticket machines outweighs that.

Daniel
--
Daniel Bowen, Melbourne, Australia
dbowen at custard dot net dot au