Re: Uncompleted Railways

FRISCÉ Theatre Co. (Bryan Cullis) <rabonzo@primus.com.au> wrote in message
936688940.291216@diddley.primus.com.au">news:936688940.291216@diddley.primus.com.au...

> I can think of a few in Victoria:

> * Upper Fern Tree Gully to Emerald electrification - only got as far as
> Belgrave, and as far as it will ever get.

I rekon 2'6" 1500vdc would go well, half-size steeple cabs grinding up the
1 in 30.  Narrow Gauge Swingdoor EMU's would be nice too, those noisy tea
kettles they use nowadays just aint up to it. |-)

<snip>

> * Upper Fern Tree Gully to Gembrook - original plans still exist for the
> railway to be extended to the township of Beenak, now a ghost town.
Puffing
> Billy Railway has no intention of going ahead with these plans.

That's if you ignore the isolated bits of track in concrete already laid
:o)

--
Mr Notagunzel.
Rail Transportation Connoisseur.