Re: [MELB] Hillside Vandalism

> <snip>
> What is the answer? Sydney's way: A security guard in every train?
> Brisbane's answer: random patrols? Security cameras in each carriage?
> <snip>

Yes ...all of the above....many years ago I boarded the BART system in San
Francisco...it didnt have a driver ..it was computer controlled...BUT it had
a train man..it had cameras...and random Patrols of Transit Police.
Well we have learnt the  folly of Transit Police but Transit assigned Police
work well....cameras are reassurance...and Conductors should return but in a
slightly different role..let them roam the train..helping as well as
watching...put cameras on the ouside as well...why not

cheers >:~)) Richard