Re: Adelaide to Belair

Greg Huggett <huggett@enternet.com.au> wrote in message
381A92A0.54D0@enternet.com.au">news:381A92A0.54D0@enternet.com.au...
> I am an extremely interested novice in all things about trains , but
> love reading your guys news it is amazing how much you can learn.
> How far does the train run from Adelaide Bridgewater or Belair and how
> many tunnels involved

>From my Visit there two years ago, trains only go as far as Belair and no
further (there was no patronage so the remaining section has been converted
to standard gauge.)
There are two tunnels, One long one then a short one (going to Belair)
Any others from Adelaide please supply info, particularly Approx. how many
"older style" diesel cars are in service (the ones where the driver sits in
the roof)
Regards, Mick, Sydney.