Re: Tailem Bend service [was Re: line extension?]

Notagunzel <notagunzel@bigfoot.com> wrote in message
i3iQ3.67$Y62.2885@nsw.nnrp.telstra.net">news:i3iQ3.67$Y62.2885@nsw.nnrp.telstra.net...
> Arthur Marsh <marsh@ties.itu.ch> wrote in message
> 38115F82.DE583773@ties.itu.ch">news:38115F82.DE583773@ties.itu.ch...
>
> > The Tailem Bend passenger service proposal rated a mention in a recent
> > issue of Catchpoint magazine. Can anyone care to elaborate?
>
> The Overland no longer stops at Tailem Bend.
>
> So obviously the citizens of Tailem Bend can't be trusted with a
interstate service.
> |-)
>
> A Commuter style of operation IMHO needs to get to Adelaide station to be
viable,
> terminating at Keswick is too far out of town to be customer friendly.
This is of
> course complicated by the fact Tailem Bend is on the 'Narrow Gauge',
whereas only BG
> penetrates Adelaide.

I have always wondered why AN never contracted with TransAdelaide to divert
the occasional train through the Keswick AN station - not everyone, a few
just after an arrival, a few in the hour or so prior to a departure. Would
have been easy enough to do.

--
DaveProctor
thadocta AT dingoblue.net.au